Judges play a vital role in the success of the Dallas Regional Science and Engineering Fair each year. Two groups make up the judging crew:
Science Category Judges
- This dedicated group of volunteers judge every single entry to the regional fair and rank the projects into Grand Prize, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes, and honorable mentions. Judges only evaluate projects within their knowledge expertise (chemists judging chemistry, etc)
- See the side bar on the right side of the screen for several helpful documents for judges
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience;
- teachers at competing schools and fee-based mentors may not judge;
- family members must declare child’s name and grade in conflict box if child is a potential participant. If the child is selected for the fair, the judge must recuse themselves by emailing DRSEFjudge@SMU.edu.
Click here to register as a science category judge (special award judges: do NOT use this link! See the section below)
Special Award Judges
- Typically provided by the donors of individual special awards, this group of volunteers interviews and assesses projects directly relating to the special award being granted.
Breakfast and Lunch is provided to every judge at the fair… plus a memento emblazoned with the DRSEF logo is sent home with every judge.